Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Journey to Allah SWT

Insignificance of a Human Being and Significance of Creation


Allah SWT has created us from nothing and into something that all creations envied. The status of the creation of Insaan has been described by Allah SWT as a clot or as a germ cell or sperm cell. That is in reality what our origin is, and nothing more.

Allah SWT made us to realize this aspect from the first verses that were revealed:


اقْرَأْ بِاسْمِ رَبِّكَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ -خَلَقَ الْإِنسَانَ مِنْ عَلَقٍ-اقْرَأْ وَرَبُّكَ الْأَكْرَمُ-الَّذِي عَلَّمَ بِالْقَلَمِ-عَلَّمَ الْإِنسَانَ مَا لَمْ يَعْلَمْ


Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-
Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:
Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-
He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-
Taught man that which he knew not.

-Asking man to ponder over where he came from



ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا النُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْمُضْغَةَ عِظَامًا فَكَسَوْنَا الْعِظَامَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنشَأْنَاهُ خَلْقًا آخَرَ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

-Asking man to wonder of how he was created and transformed into this beautiful form



لَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ فِي أَحْسَنِ تَقْوِيمٍ
We have indeed created man in the best of moulds,

-Realization of the creation and the realization of the creator
-Once realized, will understand the responsibility towards Allah, towards other creations, towards other human beings, towards himself

Allah SWT has instilled in ourselves a system of understanding good or evil and use our intuitions to follow one or the other. Insaan now thinks that he has explored the outer space so he has achieved something…he has explored the seas, so he has achieved something… he has invented new technology to please his nafs,so he has achieved something… The truth is that insaan has forgotten of Who created this fitrah to explore, to invent, to find solutions… he has forgotten his creator.

A human being that comes into this world, comes with a pure mind and pure heart and that is all he has when he steps into this cruel environment, that sometimes teaches him to become thankful to Allah SWT and sometimes it pushes his Nafs to a level where he becomes munkir of Allah SWT.

So Allah SWT reminds us that although the insaan is created in the best of its forms that is the most stable in physique, the most ideal in psychology, the best in terms of the Zaahiri aspect and the best in terms of the baatini aspect for any being but that this insaan should not forget that his origin was merely a speck , a germ cell or
Or a dot.

Now I would like to share a poem with you that deals with this amazing journey of Insaan towards his creator. Look at this person who came to this duniya with all the pure thoughts and whose mission was to find his creator and suddenly he finds himself trapped in the duniya and the fear of becoming part of it. Then a low point comes in his life when he sees others around him trapped in materialism and he almost looses his hope but still keeps on reminding himself about his own reality. After much struggle he does finds others who are also searching for Allah and that gives him some relief that by keeping this company of righteous people, he will be able to overcome all the hurdles of this tyrant duniya.


Walking on the muddy path I cross the forest of Solitude,
The greenery, the freshness, is magnificent, let alone the magnitude,
My mind is all focused, my heart full of courage,
The journey begins to search for my Creator, to respond to His Message,
O Allah! This is I, a speck, a clot, a dot!

The cold breeze go by my face, makes my hair swim in the air,
Trees swaying, plants dancing, creating harmony everywhere,
Somewhere I see streaks of rays of golden sparkling sunlight,
Forcing their way through the canopy, I wonder at Allah's might,
O Allah! This is I, in search of you, a dot!

There I see a drop of dew just about to fall,
In it are seven colours of life, all trees short and tall,
I hear the water flowing in a nearby stream,
Singing glories of my Creator, knitting a beautiful dream,
O Allah! This is I, in search of you, a dot!

I enter into a town, a town called Materialism,
Where people are known to be selfish, trapped in their own prism,
They have their own values, misery and greediness,
This all looks so dark, full of sadness and no happiness,
O Allah! This is I, in need of Your help, a dot!

Walking on the side of the street, I see many faces in cry,
It seems they have lost the path, the destiny, the urge, the hope to try,
Their looks are so empty; their desires have no aim,
They like to pull each other's leg to get all the fame,
O Allah! It's I, trapped in dunya, a dot!

Women walk bare-chest, attracting others on the way,
Men hovering around them like bees, forgetting about the Day,
Tears flow in my eyes, trickle down the cheeks and dry,
These are specks, dots, clots, who gave up to try,
O Allah! Be Merciful, I am just a dot!

Absorbed in my mind, I cried, my tears soaking the ground,
When suddenly I heard some footsteps that made me turn around,
I saw some people looking at me with hope in their eyes,
Who want to follow the Truth, the Message, and not the made up lies,
O Allah! Be the Guidance, I am just a dot!

The hopelessness will perish; the faith will prevail,
We will work together, to succeed and not to fail,
The Creator will guide us to spread the Truth to all,
So that we may all rise, and not to face the Fall,
O Allah! Bless us with Your Mercy, we are just dots!

My journey carries on to search for my Creator,
Telling others His Message and that no one else is greater,
He is the Master; we are the slaves,
Who showed us the light and let us out of the caves,
O Allah, it's still I, a speck, a clot, a dot!

Wama Taufiqi Ilallah Billah!
June 23, 2006

No comments: